Check out our newest Adult Christian Ed Brochure-Fall 2017 with descriptions of the classes being offered!
- Newcomer’s Class—August 27th, 9:30 a.m., Library–New to St. Matthew’s? Or want to learn more about the church community here? We will walk you through the history of the Episcopal Church and this parish. You’ll get a chance to learn about the ministries of St. Matthew’s!
- Trivial Pursuit Parish Forum—August 27th, 9:30 a.m., Parish Hall–For all adults! Learn more about the parish and its members in a fun format! This is a great way to get to know each other a little better!
Other Adult Classes start on September 10th! Classes include:
- Confirmation/Inquirer’s Class—9 weeks: Sep 10-Oct 29th, 9:00 a.m., Library–All interested in being confirmed, received or reaffirmed in the Episcopal Church should attend the Confirmation Class (or anyone who wants a refresher on the Episcopal faith…all are welcome). Topics include the basic tenets of Christianity, history of the Episcopal church, the prayer book and sacraments, especially Confirmation. To ensure plenty of time for each topic, this class will start promptly at 9:00 am in the Library, regardless of when the 8:00 am service gets out. Bagels and coffee will be available in the Library during class. Diocesan Confirmation/Reaffirmation/Reception will be AT ST. MATTHEW’S on Nov 5th, because we are having our Bishop’s visit that day!!
- Scriptural Studies on Genesis—3 weeks: Sep 10, 17, 24, 9:30 a.m., Canterbury Room–This class will focus on the hospitality narratives in Genesis, helping us to realize what hospitality is and to go out there and live a hospitable life.
- Current Events—3 weeks: Sep 10, 17, 24, 9:30 a.m., Undercroft–The class will discuss controversial world events and our response as Christians.
- Parenting—3 weeks: Sep 10, 17, 24, 9:30 a.m., York Room–Support for parents of young children, as they seek to grow their own faith, as well as helping their children’s spiritual growth.