Registrations and donations now accepted online. On Sunday, March 15, 2015, thousands of people will come together to raise awareness and funds to help fight hunger in our community. A St. Matthew’s team will be there – and we need your support!
Last year, the St. Matthew’s Hunger Walk/Run team raised over $2,000 to benefit the Southeast Gwinnett Cooperative Ministry, our local food bank ministry. This year, with your help, we hope to double that amount with a goal of $4,000.
Ways to participate:
- Sign up as a 5k walker (Kids can walk too! Strollers and wagons are welcome.)
- Sign up as a 5k runner
- Donate to the team or a team member
Benefits of participating in the Walk/Run:
- you raise awareness about the crisis of hunger in our community.
- You help your neighbors in need through your registration fees and by collecting sponsorships.
- It’s fun! Before the run/walk event you can enjoy live music, food trucks, checking out sponsor booths, or just enjoy some fellowship time with other walkers and runners.
- You get a snazzy new t-shirt!
To join the St. Matthews team, or to sponsor the team or a team member with a donation, see Jennifer Papadatos or go to http://engage.acfb.org/goto/stmatts
Online registration is encouraged.